Saturday, October 1, 2011

What Do We Look Forward To The Most About Being Parents.

"Biology is the least of what makes you a mother"- Oprah Winfrey

I will never look at my child and think that this is my adopted child. They will always be OUR child. No matter what color their skin, hair and eyes are, I will love them as if I had carried them myself! I cannot wait for that first smile! I swear I'm going to be a big crybaby the first time I hold our new child lol. I look forward to spending everyday changing diapers, not sleeping, playing peekaboo and of course dressing him or her up!! I cannot wait for him or her to meet our families. This would be my immediate family's first grandchild! So my mom would finally be Granny or grandma or whatever she wants to be lol and my sister and brother would be an aunt and uncle. This would be Cody's sides 4th grandchild. But our neice and nephew's first cousin! I can't wait for all of them to play together!! I'm sure I will be kissing alot of boo boos with how they play lol! I struggle with when to tell him or her that they are adopted and how (if they have a different ethnic background) to explain to my neice and nephews as well.But hopefully that's not in the near future lol (well I hope the child is in the near future!) I'm not really sure what Cody looks forward to, but I know he can't wait to be a daddy. He talks about it almost as much as I do!!!  I know he really hopes we can adopt a little boy so he can have his little man to teach sports to. lol  I know he would love a little princess. A big thank you to all of you who read this! We really appreciate it!!! I hope it helps someone in need and possibly leads us to our future child(ren)!!!! Thank you for your kind words and prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment