Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mom

What does the word "mom" mean? According to Webster's its : a female parent.  I have to say that although I'm not technically a "parent" (I am and will always be my angel babies' mommy) I do know what it takes to care for a child of almost any age. Although I am young, and want to be a younger parent it doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about or I don't understand. I took all the parenting, child development classes (and still have all the notes to prove it! Thanks Mrs. Couch) and I have had a hand in raising my niece and nephews since they were very young (b was 3, H was 1 and m since he was 2 wks) And I have been pregnant 4 times, no not to full term, but I know What to expect when you're expecting like the back of my hand. So yeah I think I know a little more than most people think. But the experience with my niece and nephews has helped. So no I may not technically be a "parent" but I'm already a mother and can't wait to be a parent! End of rant lol I have found myself more hopeful about the selflessness of people lately. I know what it's like to give up a child, but not by choice. I can't imagine what it's like to give up a child for someone else. But I am very thankful and grateful for those special birthparents. On a brighter note my husband and I have FINALLY agreed on gender neutral crib furniture! Lol he's stubborn but coming around! We can't wait to put it all together!! (Curse you nesting! lol) We can't wait to post pics of the nursery set up! We have decided on themes for both genders as well! We can't find our baby soon enough! I'm so glad that even though our adoption fell through with Baby C we have had so much support to help us grieve and move towards finding our forever family! Thank you all for the prayers and kind words!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. I was 16 when I lost my first baby, and barely knew what happened, but felt as though a part of me was lost. The second time was harder, because I knew, and I thought no one could understand. The third time was the worst, as I saw in my hands what I had lost, I still have nightmares. I thought this was punishment for something I did wrong, or maybe I was defective as a woman. I gave up on the notion of ever becoming a "mother" and focused on other things... I too helped raise others and always wanted to be a young mom, but just didn't see it happening. I found someone that I thought loved me as much as I loved him, and we decided to have a baby, one day, little did I know that one day was fast approaching. I got pregnant with Monica in October of 2009, and suffered through worries and testing you wouldn't believe. They say only the lucky die young, I think what they mean by this is those they parish before life starts or shortly after, or even before their prime are the lucky ones because they don't have to suffer through the trials and tribulations of this crazy world. I believe my babies are peaceful in heaven, along side God and I will one day get to meet them... I had so many complications and restrictions during my pregnancy with Monica and her birth, I hated it, but wouldn't have missed it for the world, and would do it again just to know the love of a child and give the love of a mother... I guess what I am trying to say, is that sometimes we have to go through hell just to get to experience heavenly feelings... You are a great mom, parent, friend, and all around person, you will make some child so happy one day, just keep your hope up and your head held high... I love you... Rebecca Wratten

    ReplyDelete