Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving! & Understanding Adoption

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! I hope everyone got their tummies full!!! I thought I'd start off this blog by telling what I'm thankful for. First and most importantly I thank God for giving me another healthy day on this earth! Without him, nothing is possible! Next, I'm thankful for my four angel babies in heaven. I think about them everyday! Not a second goes by that I don't miss them. I pray they are watching over their mommy and daddy and having fun with their Great Grandma Mary and Great Grandpa Walter.  I also pray that they are watching over their future little brothers and/or sisters. I hope we find them soon! I'm also thankful for my family. Even though we aren't together today I still miss and love them!! I'm especially thankful for my husband. He's stuck beside me through thick and thin. I think we've been through more trials and tribulations than most couples, especially ones our ages. I'm also very thankful for the support system we've had since we've began our journey towards adoption. We've had lots of help, encouragement and advice and we wouldn't be where we are without those people! (Shout out to Jessica and Felicia!)

On to other matters.

A lot of people don't understand adoption. I really think that is why they don't choose adoption. For example, some people think that if you choose adoption you will never see your child again. WRONG!! Unless you choose what is called a "closed adoption" you will get to see your child again. We would LOVE an "open adoption"!!! We want your child to know who you are and how much you love them. We want the child to know as early as possible that they are adopted. As far as the adoption we would like (in a perfect world that is) we would like to have visits once a quarter (every three months) and we want to send letters and emails and photos as often as you would like!

Now we realize this isn't a perfect world and some people prefer a specific type of adoption. We are open to either. But even if you choose a closed adoption we want to leave the door open in case you change your mind.

We don't know where our future birthmother and child are but we can't wait to meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment